As a trusted leader among reroofing contractors, we’re here to help you understand what asphalt shingles are and how your home can benefit from their protection. We well know that the roof is your home’s first layer of protection against unpredictable weather conditions.
No matter what kind of material is installed on your roofing system, it’s important for it to be kept in the best condition possible in order to extend its effectiveness. The same goes for asphalt shingle roofs, which need regular inspections to keep them in good condition. So what are some of the other advantages of asphalt shingles that you can benefit from? Here are a few of them:
- Asphalt shingles have been used as roofing material on U.S. homes for over 100 years. This is because they’ve proven to be very versatile and affordable.
- They’re available in a wide array of colors and styles, so you won’t have a hard time finding a design that fits with your home’s architecture.
- Most asphalt shingle options also have remarkable energy-efficient properties, such as cool roofing and reflectivity, and they’re manufactured to resist fire and moderate wind speeds.
- Asphalt shingles are relatively easy to install, so the installation won’t blow your budget even if you hire a residential roofing contractor to do the job for you.
What to do When Maintaining Asphalt Shingles
- Always perform timely maintenance checks on your roof. This is so any kind of visible damage can be spotted early on and fixed accordingly.
- When it comes to asphalt shingles, check your roof to see if there are signs of chipped, curled or loose shingles, especially after a severe storm has passed.
- Remove any debris found on your roof such as fallen leaves or branches. Otherwise, it will accumulate over time, which may compromise the structural integrity of your roof. Unattended debris can also penetrate your asphalt shingles, which can lead to water leaks.
- If you see any blistering on your roof’s shingles, call a trusted local roofing contractor. They can help you with what needs to be done, but be ready for the possibility that you might have to have the affected shingles replaced.
When it comes to residential roof repair, Adamson Roofing Company is the name you can surely count on. With us, you can be confident that your roof will be repaired according to your needs and preferences. For a free quote, call us today at (678) 424-1919. You can also fill out our convenient contact form.